Fan of the Strade Bianche? Love watching the Spring Classics? Enjoy spicing up your rides with cobbled and dirt track segments? The Strade komoot local – yet global – cycling challenge might be right up your (gravel) street.
The Spring Classics are nearly here, which typically kicks off with the Tuscan Strade Bianche in early March. To mark the start of (arguably the best part of) the pro cycling season, komoot have come up with a new challenge to encourage riders all over the world to plan and ride a Spring Classic of their own.
Disclaimer: to take part in the Strade komoot you must ride within local C19 restrictions. In some geographies this means that you might not be able to take part this time, or you might need to adapt your route to stay closer to home.
The 2021 Strade komoot
So what’s the deal?
1. Plan a 184 or 92 km route from home including as many gravel segments as you can find
2. Add at least one very steep climb (10-16%, your own Piazza del Campo!)
3. Follow and invite ‘Strade komoot’ to your route
2. On Saturday, March 6th go out and ride your Strade komoot simultaneously with riders all around the country
3. Share your completed ride on komoot, tag the profile ‘Strade komoot’ and share on social using #stradekomoot
Post-ride you can grab a beer (other beverages are available), jump on the couch and watch the pros race in Tuscany!
Planned Strade komoot routes
Check out some of these routes from local experts all over Europe.
Last modified: 17th February 2021