“Omne trium perfectum”
Good things come in threes, or is that just London buses? As far as UK manufacturer Kinesis are concerned, it has to be the former. Following recent announcements regarding the launch of the G2 adventure bike and X mountain bike, comes the last in the trio, the GTD.
The GTD is a titanium framed, ultra endurance bike. Ready to take on anything from your local Sportive, to a Transcontinental race.
The frame uses completely new, custom drawn 3Al/2v seamless tubes and distance inspired geometry so you will get where you are going fast!
Kinesis have included a host of new features in the GTD frameset. the highlights include:
- Tyre clearance up to 700x34mm
- 12mm Thru axles front and rear
- Lower frame weight
- Flat mount disc brakes
- 5 Year frame warranty
- Kinesis own brand Tracer Disc Thru Axle carbon monocoque fork.
- You can run the bike with Di2 or mechanical gears as well as 1xn or 2xn.
- A full complement of bottle mounts, rack mounts, mudguard mounts and a chain pip on the seat stay.
- Some clever design work means that Kinesis have integrated the replaceable rear derailleur hanger into both the Thru Axle and the dropout of the frame.
All in all this is very exciting stuff. Given that Kinesis have such a strong reputation for producing inspiring bikes, we can’t wait to see one in the flesh. Meanwhile, the official specifications and geometry are listed below, along with some enticing pictures for you to drool over.
Last modified: 27th July 2018