Salsa are maintaining their steady flow of new bikes for 2020 and, today unveiled the revamped Warroad. Most Salsa models are pitched at the off-road endurance scene but the Warroad handles the rough stuff while focussing on outright tarmac performance. As a new model in 2019, the changes for 2020 are new colourways and updated component specs. We reviewed last years range topper, the Force 1x 650b (see HERE) and found that Salsa were true to their word with the promise of a bike that blaze trails and tarmac with equal gusto. If you’re in any doubt that a road bike deserves to appear on ADVNTR then have a look how the Warroad fared taking on some of the harshest gravel conditions in Wales (Wildcat 100 revisited).
A quick recap on the Warroad highlights
- Class 5 VRS (Vibration Reduction System) compliant carbon frame & fork
- Clearances for 700 x 28-35mm & 650 x 47mm tyres
- Up to 700 x 32 & 650 x 42 with mudguards
- Front & Rack mounts
- Bosses for 3/4 bottles on the frame (depending on size)
- Direct top-tube bag mounts and three-pack cage mounts on the fork
- Sleeved internal cable routing/dynamo routing
- Dropper post compatible
- 12mm thru-axles front & rear and Flat mount disc brakes
The range features four models with 700c wheels and two with 650b. Embracing the latest developments the SRAM Force equipped range-topper now features 2 x 12 AXS eTap shifting. As we noted last year, the Warroad certainly isn’t cheap but still represents good value because of it’s composed performance on both road & trail. For full details on the range hit up the main Salsa webpage now. We’ve taken a quick glance over the specs and in our eyes the 105 model looks to be the sweet spot between price & performance!
Salsa Warroad UK Retail Pricing
- SRAM Force AXS 700: £5900
- Shimano Ultegra 700: £4100
- Shimano 105 650 & 700: £3200
- SRAM Apex 1 650 & 700: £2750
- Warroad Frameset: £2150
There’s good news for those of you whose interest has been piqued. Lyon Cycle will have stocks of the full Warroad range and they are available immediately! Get in touch and they can point you towards a friendly Salsa stockist.
Last modified: 31st March 2020